Dayrel S. Sewell, JD, MPH
As a native and local of Brooklyn, Dayrel knows the ins and outs of buying and selling in New York. A well-respected member of the local community and legal profession, Dayrel is a highly regarded businessman known for his innovative ideas, professional excellence, various accolades, personal connections, and attention to detail that serves his clients well.
A proven, vetted, and awarded commodity. Dayrel has more than 35 years of personal and professional experience in the real estate industry, and more than 15 years working in real estate litigation and legal transactions involving multimillion dollar properties. He has appeared on CNN as a real estate expert as well as was Vice-Chairman for a prestigious real estate committee here in New York City. As a bilingual in English and Spanish, he embraces multi-cultural and multi-ethnic buyers, sellers, and renters.
Buying and selling a property, be it as a home, investment property or otherwise is a complex, sophisticated, and often deeply personal endeavor. You will need your broker’s full attention and service. With Dayrel, you will get an expert who will provide you with the above and more, consistently and in a dependable, personable, and relatable manner.
Dayrel has extensive experience in securing properties, be it for use as a home, business or leisure purposes. His experience includes dealing with diverse clients in an industry that is rapidly changing and facing challenges. Yet through all these challenging times, Dayrel has managed to grow and stay true to his beliefs. His documented track record of excellence is possible because Dayrel delivers when it matters and enjoys the experience.
Come see how our personal, educational, and professional achievements together with New York passion, grit, and tenacity ensure that all your real estate goals are met and exceeded. As a business owner, investor, and broker, Dayrel recognizes the needs of his clients and strives for the best. He continuously invests his time, effort, and resources to ensure that all the latest sales and marketing techniques are utilized in order to make your goals and dreams into realities.
Our brokerage excels in residential and commercial sales, short-sales and bank owned-foreclosure properties. At EverhouseSM, we listen to, understand, and meet the needs of each individual or company client. So, if you’re looking to purchase, sell, or rent property, look no further than Dayrel’s team at EverhouseSM. He is honest, does what he says he will do, consults with you on all matters, and negotiates for you. He is a one-stop ‘handle all details’ for you, broker. Bar admissions
- United States Supreme Court
- New York
- District of Columbia
- United States Patent Bar
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- New York State Real Estate Broker
- New York State Notary Public
- J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- M.P.H., Columbia University
- B.A., The Johns Hopkins University
- American Trial Academy – Inductee (2020)
- Litigation – Lawyer of the Year – USA, Finance Monthly Law Awards (2017)
- Super Lawyers NYC Metro Rising Star (2015-2017)
- The National Black Lawyers – Top 100 (2016-2020)
- Best Litigation Attorneys in Brooklyn, Expertise (2016-2020)
- Arbitrator, Richmond County Fee Arbitration Program
- Notes Editor, Cardozo Journal of Law & Gender
- Alumnus, The Innocence Project, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- Marquis Who’s Who Lifetime Achievement Award (2017)
- Marquis Who’s Who in American Law (2014-2016)
- NIEHS Community & Preventive Medicine Fellow, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Recipient, Phoenix Fellowship, Columbia University
- Alumnus, Council on Legal Education Opportunity
- Winner, Black Bar Association of Bronx County Writing Competition
- Federal Acquisition Regulations Certificate
- HIPAA Research Compliance Certificate
- Dayrel S. Sewell, Ruth Buchbinder, Demonstrative Evidence: Friend or Foe?, The Brooklyn Barrister, Spring 2017, at 1.
- Dayrel S. Sewell, Lance Willoughby, Landlords and Loft Space, The Richmond County Bar Association Journal, Spring 2017, at 24.
- Dayrel S. Sewell, Andrew Janof, Shrouded in Secrecy: LLCs and High-End Real Estate, The Brooklyn Barrister, September 2016, at 1.
- Dayrel S. Sewell, Amulya Appalaraju, The Duality of the U.S. Supreme Court’s Janus Decision, American Bar Association, Securities Litigation, 2015 Fall Newsletter.
- Dayrel S. Sewell, Andrew Fine, The “Redskins” Trademark: Turn-over on Downs, IPFrontline, October 2015.
- Dayrel S. Sewell, Ivan Ng, Pharrell Williams and Robin Thicke told they “Got To Give It Up”, IPFrontline, May 2015.
- Dayrel S. Sewell, Ivan Ng, A ‘Generic’ Victory for Specific Fact-Findings, Intellectual Property Today, March 2015, at 34.
- Dayrel S. Sewell, Ivan Ng, A ‘Generic’ Victory for Specific Fact-Findings, IPFrontline, February 2015.
- Dayrel S. Sewell, Myriad Back in Court on Patent Subject Matter Eligibility, The Brooklyn Barrister, January/February 2015, at 9.
- Dayrel S. Sewell, The Ignominious Patent Troll, The Brooklyn Barrister, November 2013, at 5.
- Dayrel S. Sewell, The Ignominious Patent Troll, Intellectual Property Today, November 2013, at 12.
- Dayrel S. Sewell, Unanimous U.S. Supreme Court and Angelina Jolie: BRCA1 & BRCA2 Patentability, Intellectual Property Today, July 2013, at 24.
- Dayrel S. Sewell, Marc S. Ullman, The Regulation of Advertising for Dietary Supplements in the United States, KENKO SANGYO RYUTSU SHIMBUN (Health Trade Newspaper), April 8, 2007, at Issue 661.
- Tam T. Nguyen, Dayrel S. Sewell and Adrian S. Dobs. Oral Methyltestosterone Given to Post-menopausal Women Decreases Adipose Tissue and Increases Lean Muscle Mass with No Change in Muscle Strength. ENDO 2000 Abstracts. Category: Clinical Science: Aging. Medicine, Johns Hopkins University (2000).
- Dayrel S. Sewell, Brooklyn Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Speaker, Intellectual Property Fundamentals: What Every Attorney Needs to Know, May 2014.
- Dayrel S. Sewell, Legal Analyst (en español ), CNN “Realidades En Contexto”: Nueva Jersey Agentes Inmobiliarios haber supuestamente Relaciones repetidas Dentro de una casa en venta, March 2014.
- Dayrel S. Sewell, Panelist, Managing Career Changes in a Changing Global Market, Union League Club, November 2013.
- Dayrel S. Sewell, Presenter, Professional Development, Bristol-Myers Squibb Legal Department Conference, June 2009.
- Brooklyn Bar Association
- Richmond County Bar Association
- Vice-Chair, Intellectual Property Committee
- Vice-Chair, Real Property Committee
- New York County Lawyers’ Association
- The Johns Hopkins University Law Affinity Committee
- Bay Ridge Lawyers Association